Friday, September 13, 2013

Stories

Speaking from a developer's viewpoint, stories are incredibly useful. They captivate your audience's minds and inspire them. So it is a very important part of your game.

This is going to be a very short blog about stories.

Many people have ideas for games and the gameplay behind it and generate a story off of the ideas. That works fine, but a better way of doing it is to take a story and create the gameplay off of what the story has.

Every developer spends ages making a story where there is no SMOP (small matter of programming) involved. I say that if there is something hard to program, GO FOR IT! Or of course you could hire a person to do that work for you...

But nevertheless, stories play an important role in our modern games.

Later I may touch on this subject again, but for now this is a quickly made post that was just so that I could post today :) I am away at the moment, so I had problems with blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment